Take a moment to just breath and relax!

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Knock Out The Bug!





Knock Out The Bug, Flu That Is






Sometimes the common or familiar can be just as effective as the exotic. When the flu bug hits and the body begins to ache our mind and reasoning most often goes right out the window, for me this is truly the normal.. Whenever someone else is sick I am full of great advice and remedy suggestions, HOWEVER, when it comes to be being sick I become completely stupid and void of any reasonable thought functions. Lying in bed sick and miserable my brain becomes totally useless, however by the bed was a small bottle of Essential Oil of Lavender that I try to keep within easy reach because this oil is so versatile.

Essential Oil of Lavender is a good and versatile oil that will relieve tension while at the same time it is antiseptic and analgesic in its actions. It stimulates the immune system and contributes to the healing process by stimulating cellular regeneration.

So I rubbed the lavender into the nape of my meck, under the jaw bone and down the sides of my neck. As my mind began to clear a little and the muscles started relaxing I remembered that Essential Oil of Ravensara is one of the oils used by French Doctors in their aromatic treatment of viral infections, especially those infections of the respiratory tracts.

For those of you who don't know, Ravensara is related to the Bay Laurel Family and smells very similar to the common bay leaf. By using the Ravensara with the Lavender I felt like I might just knock the flu bug out.

After sleeping for several hours I felt somewhat better, but I realized that the "bug" was trying a comeback round with a sore throat and almost laryngitis so I gargled with a water solution of 2 drops of Essential Oil of Tea Tree in 4 ounces of warm water followed by 1 drop of Essential Oil of Sandalwood in 1/4 teaspoon of honey.

Essential Oil of Sandalwood is a very powerful anti-bacterial agent and is not as hot as oregano. It can kill streptococci and staphylococci as effectivey as most antibiotics. The taste is very bitter but, it is well worth the assault on the taste buds. Not only is Sandalwood soothing, but it has a slight analgesic (pain relieving) quality.

Needless to say, my recent experience was truly a championship knock out! Score 1 for me, 0 for the bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment